Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolution: REVOKE BICYCLE HELMET LAWS

(Photos: Family in Hamburg free of 'civil-liberty-reducing' helmet laws)


Helmets are dangerous just like smoking & over-eating & over-drinking.

Therefore it stands to reason that I ought to have the choice whether I wear one or not - & maybe I might at a party or something where I have been know to over-eat, over-drink and even smoke (all of which makes for 'terrible-next-days' I can assure you!!!!)

Notwithstanding it is outrageous that the Government of NSW imperils us all by requiring us to wear helmets anytime we think about hopping on a bicycle...

...children die from wearing them, &

...66% of people killed on bicycles are wearing them at the time of their deaths (p.22, para 3.55)

Question 1: Why are our consumer and civil liberty watchdogs napping?

Question 2: What will it take to convince politicians their delegated legislation is killing us?

Over and over again we have provided our 'democratically-elected' representatives with the facts & the stats - and now our 'democratically-elected' government has conveniently gone and 'prorogued' itself!!!(?)

Does that mean I'm not going to hear from Minister Borger before he disappears into 'opposition wilderness' in March? He owes me a letter big time!!! & I've not heard a peep from him - my letter to him was sent in September.

"THEY'VE GOT TO GO!!! - HELMET LAWS ARE SO LAST DECADE!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment