Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

My knight in shining jogging gear!



...it happened to me yesterday!!!! - and I can't tell you happy it made me!!!!

I was making a real meal of getting up the hill towards the sandstone bit of Sydney uni, hating the rain and wishing there was another way home that didn't require this incline ( I know, I know it's hardly a hill but it always creates personal doom & gloom!). Anyway the next thing right out of the blue I was zipping along like some flighty little swift because there at the back of my bike was some gorgeous jogging guy who had decided I clearly needed a significant hefty push if I was to make it to the summit!!!!

Full of thanks yet concentrating on this new found speed, I didn't really get a good chance to actually see who my knight in steaming jogging gear was...(sigh!)...

...so whoever you were/are:

A MILLION THANKS FOR THE SHOVE xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Not on topic for this post, but definitely on topic. I got booked today, breaking two laws, rolling round the corner in the middle of Kyneton, on the footpath (to avoid regular cop traps - ironical), at an estimated speed of 4km/h. Spent about 15 minutes in discussion with constable on the great Australian helmet swindle. He probably wouldn't have booked me if I had promised to wear a helmet next time, but you know I can't do that. Still not quite sure if infringement notice will appear in the post. If it does, I feel compelled to go to court, even though I don't expect a sympathetic hearing in country Victoria.

    The constable told me I should get a letter from my doctor, and that the police would respect that. I suppose it wouldn't be dishonest to find a GP prepared to put their name to something along the lines of "In the interests of Mr. Todd's physical and mental wellbeing, I recommend that he be exempted from the requirement to wear a helmet while cycling"

    Its getting to the stage that I don't want to devote time and anxiety to my own situation, but just do what is practical to continue cycling without the awful adrenalin overload that happens every time I see the blue and white checkerboard pattern cruising by. Then I could concentrate on the more useful general programme of getting the law reformed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that sucks, Alan!!! - but maybe your 'exemption' plan is a good idea - it could give you some respite from the ever-present 'will I, won't I be booked today?' concerns - good luck!!

      Delete
  2. I was once grinding my way up a hilly section of Riversdale Road in Hawthorn, into a fierce headwind, on a very heavy one-speed Indian bike, when I suddenly felt a hand in the middle of my back, followed by a nonchalant "I'll give ya a hand, mate".

    A very tall, fit, muscled-up young fella on a super-slick looking, very expensive-looking racing bike proceeded to give me a tow all the way up to the lights at the corner of Tooronga Rd. Goes to show that not all wearers of lycra are irredeemable wankers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...truly warm & fuzzy stuff!!!! - very heartening!!!

      Delete